18 February 2013

Tiny Beautiful Things


My summary of thoughts after reading Tiny Beautiful Things is that what we (or I, but I think its we) want in life is to make our loved ones happy, and in turn hope that they do the same.

Shall update with quotations tomorrow when I'm not typing on a touchscreen. But its amazing and you should all read it!

It was very hard to choose which quotations to jot down, every single advice is golden xD But since that would involve posting the entire book, here's some that I found to be universal:
She understands that attention is the first and final act of love, and that the ultimate dwindling resource in the human arrangement isn't cheap oil or portable water or even common sense, but mercy.

Trust yourself. (...) trusting yourself means living out what you already know to be true.
I especially needs to hear this haha.

and this:
Most things will be okay eventually, but not everything will be. Sometimes you'll put up a good fight and lose. Sometimes you'll hold on really hard and realize there is mo choice but to let go. Acceptance is a small, quite room.

...
...
...

Going through old journal and saw that the grade 11 me wrote:
So what do I want?
to be an optimist

xD

No comments: