31 August 2017

crumbs

Since I'll be soon without access to a full kitchen, here's my overly ambitious list of things I want to cook / bake before I leave. Alternative motivation is to use the peak of this summer's bounty. Will try to report back on the results.
  • Peppers stuffed with rice and beef: if I go home later and get my hands on some peppers from Sky garden
  • Tomato soup: more tomatoes!
  • Milk bread: to make grilled cheese for the tomato soup above, and also for BLTs 
  • Carprese and Greek salad: if I remember to buy some cheese before I head home 
  • Burrata lentil salad: if I can find good burrata at the same shop I find the above cheese
  • Miso rosemary beans: to use the rosemaries that I've been growing
  • Rosemary-buckwheat crunch: see above, plus buckwheat that I've brought back from Atlanta
  • An apple cake from Dorie's cookbook, as requested by mom
  • Russian honey cake: to use the jar of buckwheat honey that taste too strong to be eaten on its own. I had this recipe saved for years, but after seeing some positive results by redditors, I'll give it a go.
  • Rosemary shortbread: about time that I tried baking a butter/flour cookie
  • Pesto pizza rolls: to use up basil. I saw a bumblebee whizzing around the basil flowers and didn't have the heart to trim all the flowers off. So now I gotta use up a ton of basil before the plant decides to die. 

No comments: